Google Is it possible to change my car battery myself? | 4WD Accessories Melbourne

Pages

ShareThis

ShareThis

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Is it possible to change my car battery myself?

The most common nightmare for every car driver is trying to start the car but the car is not getting started because of the battery failure. Sometimes I really feel what would happen if this thing ever happened with me. What will I do at the moment or where will I get the solution for my problem. Then I realize that why not start checking my car battery on a regular basis to remain aware of its regular status. By keeping the regular record I can find when my battery is going to expire and I can get it changed.
Now the question is it is possible to change my car’s battery myself?
Normally a car battery lasts for 2 to 3 years so it is not surprising at all that your car is not getting started because of flat car engine battery. To save you from getting a sudden car battery fail it is better to check your car battery on regular basis and get it changed accordingly. You can change your car battery yourself by following the given points.



Firstly go and purchase a car battery from the market. Car batteries are available in a variety of sizes, shapes and brands. Choose the one that suits best to your requirements. Select the one that is meant especially for your car’s model.
Now disconnect the battery leads of the old battery from the cars. Lift up the bonnet of your car, you will find two thick wires connected to it. One wire which is black in color is connected to the negative end and the other one is connected to the positive end. Firstly disconnect the negative wire with the help of spanner. Make sure when you connect the new battery do not forget about these negative and positive terminals. You have to make the same arrangements as before.



After disconnecting the points, take out the car battery. The battery is generally placed at tray with metal bar fastened with simple nuts and bolts. Remove the battery from the tray. Be careful while removing as these batteries are very heavy to lift up.
No finally place the new battery in place of the old battery. Please take care of the positive and the negative terminals. Do not connect them wrong. Keep the fixings very tight so that the battery should not move from its place. Cover the battery and its parts with petroleum jelly to prevent it from any kind of corrosion.

Close the bonnet and you are done with changing your battery. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment